Players who wish to move from one organization to another must obtain a Player Release from their current organization.
All Organizations MUST grant releases in a timely manner to all members who have met their financial commitments to that organization. NO RELEASES WILL BE GRANTED TO PLAYERS WITH OPEN BALANCES.
Download the two forms below, and read the rules
LIAHL PLAYER MOVEMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
N. Player And Coach Movement and Regulations
1) Releases shall be granted to any individual on any level AAA, AA, A that has submitted a formal letter of Request of Release to the President or Governor of the organization he or she wishes to leave, within the time specified, provided that player has met his/her financial obligations. This timeframe shall commence at the conclusion of the NYSAHA Pee Wee Tournament for Mite, Squirt, and Pee Wee age levels. This timeframe will commence at the conclusion of the National tournaments for Bantam, 16U, and 18U age levels.
2) An approved release allows the individual to tryout out for only one team at a time during its tryout period. The release form shall be kept by the organization and not returned unless that player cut from the team.
3) No player shall be allowed on ANY tryout ice unless he or she has the original copy of the release given to him or her by their former organization. Release must have embossed corporate seal. No copies will be accepted under any circumstance.
4) Players with a valid release form shall be allowed to try out for ONLY ONE organization at a time. An acknowledgement form must be completed and signed by the player and parent/guardian requesting the release attesting that they are aware of and have read all rules contained in Section “N” herein. If a player is found to be trying out for more than one team at the same time, the players/parents will be required to attend a hearing before the LIAHL Disciplinary Committee. The acknowledgement form can be found in the GLOSSARY.
5) The purpose of the player movement rule is not to stop the free transfer of players between members by personal choice of players and/or parents. However, it is intended to prohibit raiding by one member of another’s personnel and the enticing of individual payers or group of players for the express purpose of depleting the other member(s) of personnel and the formation of a super team.
6) No member of the LIAHL shall accept a player into their program who was rostered by another member of the LIAHL in the previous season without the express permission of the member and former team. Recreation League players and players moving up to Junior are specifically excluded.
7) Any player, parent or coach who attempts to circumvent the player movement rules, including recruitment violations(s) as defined herein will automatically be suspended for the remainder of the season or for any period of time as determined by the LIAHL disciplinary panel. After a player/parent and association signs the NYSAHA Player Association Commitment Form, said player will not be permitted to move to another association until the conclusion of the season as defined herein, absent extenuating circumstances. This rule applies to pre-season brush-ups and clinics. Any player wishing to attend a pre-season brush-up/clinic for an association other than the one he/she was last registered with must present a fully executed release (signed by player, parent and former association) and “Acknowledgment of Player Movement Rules” form referenced in N(4) above. Any association which permits a player to participate in a pre-season brush-up, clinic and/or tryout without requesting both a Release and Acknowledgement Form is subject to discipline pursuant to the LIAHL recruiting rule violations.
8) This release policy is for all players regardless of what organization they play for. No Organization that fields multi-level teams can protect players within its organization.
9) No team shall sign more than one Mite level player from another organization without waiver from the original organization.
10) Player Acceptance: a) Any organization with a component team that wishes to accept two (2) or more players from other associations shall immediately notify, in writing, the League Commissioner that such movement has incurred. Upon notification, the League Commissioner will take those measures necessary to insure that the best interests of amateur hockey are served. b) No organization shall accept more than (2) released players per USA Hockey Age Classifications, from any one organization, with the exception of item 10c below. c) The League Commissioner will make the final decision on movement of Mite players. d) These rules shall include final year Mites through Midgets.
11) No LIAHL organization shall contact a coach from another LIAHL organization or a currently registered LIAHL coach shall not contact another LIAHL organization until the end of the LIAHL league play which is defined as the last day/date a league game is played. Any violation of this rule will disqualify the coach for the following season and/or the LIAHL organization will be brought before the Board for charges of recruitment